Pages

Monday 4 February 2013

Sleek True Colour Lipstick

Monday 4 February 2013

I don't believe in impulse buys.
I rarely buy any make up or haircare product without researching the item first.
So if I waltz into a shop and grab three Sleek lipsticks, it's not just because Adrienne (The Sunday Girl) promised
the world that this range of  lipsticks is amazing.
It's because I did hours of extensive research before hand.
Honest.

Sleek True Colour Lipsticks come in 30 different shades ranging from pale nudes to bright pinks to show-stopping reds to dark purples - I know, 
I got whiplash too when I found out, too - and they come in 2 different formulas; matte and sheen. 
The 3 I picked are; Smoulder, Smother and Tangerine Scream, which are all sheens.
As per, Sleek Makeup's packaging really does live up to it's name. The black casing is compact and sophisticated. 
Not to mention teeny tiny. For a full sized lippy, one of these not going to take up much space in your handbag, at all.

796 Smoulder is a dark raisin-like colour. It's funny, because in the tube it looks really browny-red but on the skin 
it's a whole other story as it comes off quite as a more neutral shade. Bizzare. Either way, I really like it.

797 Smother is a dark, plum shade. If you're still after an oxblood lippy at the tail end of the trend 
- February is still winter, right? - then this is a good one. In all honesty, I plan to wear this all year round.
I love me a purple lipstick!

It really is that bright, ha! 799 Tangerine Scream is a really bright, almost neon, orange. 
Apparently it's a dupe for MAC's Morange but alas I don't own it, so don't quote me on it! 
I'm looking forward to mixing this with reds and pinks to create that perfect coral, 
though I'm definitely brave enough to wear it on it's own! 
Challenge accepted.

See, Smoulder is a bit of a chameleon, I don't think it knows what shade it wants to be! 
I've said it once and I'll keep saying it, Sleek does not compromise on pigmentation at all. Ever.
Each shade was swatched with 2 swipes and I can't even with that colour pay off!
I'm pretty much speechless at this point.


I find that these lipsticks leave a slight stain on the skin, which some may not be too pleased about, but for me it adds to the lasting power, so I'm sold.
Once the product wears off I can slap on a touch of lip gloss or lip balm, and keep on going. Handy if I don't want to take the lipstick out with me.

This little gems are £4.99 each and are available at most Superdrug stores, as well as online at Sleekmakeup.com

What do you think of Sleek lipsticks?
Thanks for reading! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014