Pages

Friday 24 January 2014

LITTLE TREASURES: Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms & Lacquer Balms

Friday 24 January 2014
Can you here angels singing? Because I'm sure I can!
The Revlon Balms in Matte and Lacquer finishes have already taken the American "drugstore" beauty scene by storm and now after such a long wait, they have finally crossed the Atlantic and landed in our British stores! I've been waiting for these since the gorgeous Leighann reviewed these waaaay back in November, click here to watch her video, so I raced to Boots on Thursday, because I knew Revlon was on 3for2, and grabbed these three beautiful colours. The packaging has the same look and function that we're used to with chubby sticks with nifty twist-up mechanism at the bottom, and they have the same trademark minty scent as the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. The only difference is the actual plastic itself, a matte finish for the matte balms and a shiny, almost mirrored finish for the lacquer balms, which is indicative of the finish of the product!

I must add that I'm really glad I waited that little bit longer, and swatched them in store, instead of just ordering colours online that I thought looked okay and basing my decisions of other people's blog swatches. Because; I had every intention of picking up Sultry, along with Standout and Shameless, after reading that Sultry was a perfect nude for darker skin tones. Yeah well no, it's fucking pink. As you can see on the swatches I hastily snapped a pic of whilst I was still in town.
So in short, if you can, please swatch them for yourselves as what looks stunning on a girl who you think has a similar skin tone to you, might actually look horrific on your face, and vice versa.

Okay now to the good stuff. I purchased two Matte Balms in the shades Shameless, Standout and a Lacquer Balm in the shade Coy

Shameless is a beautiful, dark purple shade and I need to hurry up and wear this soon as it's more of an Autumn/Winter shade and I know a lot of bloggers have already started on their pastels and nudes and it's only January. It's a gorgeous colour and I'm so happy that I don't have to shell out for one of the infamous Mac purples (Rebel/Cyber etc.) because I have this beauty for pretty much half the price!
Coy is one that has pleasantly surprised me. I've been looking for a nude for ages, one that's brown enough so I don't look like a crazy person, but light enough that I can just whack it on and go on an anyday/everyday basis. Don't get me wrong this isn't perfect because it does lean slightly red on me, who knows why I apparently just have a strange skin tone, but my isn't she gorgeous?! I don't usually like shiny lips, I'm an avid matte lippie lover, but I just couldn't say no. And I'm glad I didn't.
Standout is a beautiful true red shade that is a little bit on the warm side, which while not great for making teeth look whiter I think it looks more flattering on the skin. I want to call this a California red; looking at it makes me want to be lounging on a beach in L.A or something, I don't know I'm just really British.

Here are the three colours swatched on my dark skin.
See, Coy does lean a little red on my skin tone, but more importantly the glitter particles that are visible in the tube don't translate as an 80s disco ball on the skin, and you can really see how shiny the lacquer balms are in comparison to the matte balms. Speaking of which, these are some of the creamiest mattes I have ever used; no pulling or tugging or flaking. All three swatches showcase just one layer of product, in fact if you look close enough you can see the tiny gaps in the centre of the heart in Shameless - I really made sure not to overlap so you can see the insane pigmentation. 

As of today, 24th January 2013, the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms and Lacquer Balms are not available in Superdrug stores, or online, yet, so grab yours at Boots.com (the link will take you directly to the Revlon Colorburst page) or at a Boots store near you. Quick, whilst they're still on 3for2!

Thanks for reading!
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014