Pages

Saturday 31 May 2014

BIRCHBOX UK: APRIL & MAY 2014

Saturday 31 May 2014
After constant disappointment from Glossybox, I've jumped ship to another beauty subscription service, Birchbox. Now this is what I'm talking about! Glossybox, take note.

For those of you who don't know, I'm on a semi-hiatus hence why I've mushed both boxes into one post. But boy are they something to talk about! So, let's get on with the show, starting with April's box!

As you can see, April's box was full of goodies!
Color Club Nail Lacquer Mini in Aquamarine Azulino
This nail varnish is a beautiful pale blue colour and I'm really into metallics at the moment so this is right up my street, and perfect for the season!
One Love Organics Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm
I'm not going to lie, I'm still not quite sure what this is. I think it's a multi-use doo-dah that can be used to cleanse as well as to moisturise, seperately. But the concept is so alien to me that I have yet to try this out. I'm not too sure about the strong, citrus scent either, but we'll see. 
Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle Leave-In Conditioner
Another product that I haven't used yet, but it smells divine and if I've bloody remembered I've chucked it in my suitcase and I'm having a jolly good time with it in Portugal as you read this. Edit: I did take this with me and I love it. It does a great job of conditioning and I love that it's a leave in!
Laura Mercier Body Soufflé Créme in Ambre Vanillé
You guys, this is the silkiest, smoothest cream I have ever used in my life. And it smells so good. I'm using it as sparingly as possible as I really want this sample to last and last and last.
The Balm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek and Lip Tint in Pie
I've not used this yet, in fact I'm scared to touch it because the packaging is so cute! But I am looking forward to swiping a brush in and see how it goes.
Propercorn Popcorn in Fiery Worcester Sauce & Sun-Dried Tomato
If you've been reading this blog for any length of time you should assume correctly that I really wanted to try the coconut flavour, or at least the sweet and salty. Alas, I was stuck with this one but I palmed it off to my health-nut Aunt. A win situation for her, I suppose.
One Love Organics Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm

Color Club Nail Lacquer Mini in Aquamarine Azulino

The Balm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek and Lip Tint in Pie


I did a lot of research before subscribing to Birchbox, so the products didn't come as much of a surprise. Though I am really, seriously, chuffed at the products that I've received. May's box, however, came as a complete surprise and once again I am thrilled. As you can see from the cover image, for the month of May Birchbox teamed up with Harper's Bazaar and let me tell you, it was a damn good move!

Okay, let's get the blunder out of the way first; Philip Kingsley One More Day Dry Shampoo
Obviously I was less than happy with this product as I have zero use for it, but the rest of the box really made up for it so frankly, I really don't care. I can pass it along to my friend, no hard feelings.
Aromatherapy Associates Revive Morning Bath and Shower Oil
This scent of this is really sharp as it contains pink grapefruit, rosemary and juniper berry essential oils and it's not something I'd usually go for, but oddly enough I don't hate it. I rarely bath in the morning so I'll pop a couple of drops on my shower puff and see how it goes.
Benefit They're Real! Mascara
I bloody love this mascara but I refuse to pay nearly £20 for it - it's gone up to £19.50, though I wouldn't buy it when it was £18.50 - so I'm happy to have another travel-sized version of it!
Liz Earle Beauty Co. Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
One of the most talked about cleansers in this community and I finally have my mitts on it! It's pretty dinky in size but I have a rather small face so I reckon I'll get a few uses out of it! Thanks Birchbox!
Soigné Nail Lacquer in Cerise
This nail varnish is everything that summer dreams are made of. It's a seriously hot pink and not for the faint-hearted. I bloody love it and it is a fierce contender for my holiday foot mani, let me tell you.

Soigné Nail Lacquer in Cerise

What bloody excellent boxes! I don't know if this is a rarity and I've just happened to receive two good boxes consecutively, but I'm really happy with Birchbox so far and I hope they keep it up!
You can subscribe to Birchbox here for £10 per month plus P&P.

Thanks for reading :)
xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014