Pages

Tuesday 16 December 2014

BLOGMAS | DAY 16: TODAY'S MAC EXPERIENCE

Tuesday 16 December 2014

I find there's a stigma that Mac girls are all rude and obnoxious, and whilst some of them are, I had quite a pleasant experience today. I went in looking for concealer and the lovely lady, whose name I'm drawing complete blanks at, asked me what foundation I was wearing. I told her: Studio Sculpt. She asked me all sorts of questions about how I apply my make up and how I like my foundation to look, etc. I let her know that I don't even like concealer, not really, and we had a jolly good chat. She popped me in the chair, and discussed different foundations with me and then suggested I that try something with a little more coverage, or change the way I apply my make up. She did a few little demonstrations on me; always asking if what she was about to was okay. She was friendly, approachable yet still professional and I was really pleasantly surprised. Needless to say, I didn't even sample any concealer, but I did leave with 3 samples of different foundations, and much better understanding of Mac products.

So if you want to head into a Mac store but you'll need advice when you get there and you're a little intimidated by the staff, they might not be as scary as you think. A tiny word of warning though, don't let anyone convince you to buy something before you've tried it. Always, always ask for a sample first. But I'd say that about any make up product or brand.

Have you had an interesting experience in a make up store lately?
Thanks for reading, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014