Pages

Tuesday 2 December 2014

BLOGMAS | DAY 2: A LATE POST ABOUT BEING EARLY

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Low lighting and gold and black packaging are a match made in heaven, let me tell you. If there was ever a picture to describe the decadence, luxury and self-satisfaction of early Christmas shopping, that would be it. One of my dear loved ones will be opening this posh-as-hell box of choccies, not a tacky box of overpriced Thornton's. Woah, that got really opinionated really fast, but I promise you I'm right. About the early Xmas shopping and about Thornton's; not sorry. So me and my mum took a trip into town for some spontaneous Christmas shopping and I could not believe my eyes. The variety is overwhelming and the deals are in-sane. Insane.

Every year I've left my Christmas shopping until around mid-December and I can't believe what I've been missing out on. Boots (link) has a 3 for 2 deal across their entire Christmas section, The Body Shop (link) has a million and one deals on; buy one get one free on selected items, 30% off when you by 2 items, 40% off when you buy 3 items, up to £20 off some of their skincare ranges, as well as free delivery if you spend over £5; and in-store they have some buy one get one free offers and bundle offers on selected items. If you're looking for alcoholic gift sets then take a trip to Tesco (link) because they have an overwhelming selection, most of which are £5-£8, featuring brands such as; Bailey's, Smirnoff, Blossom Hill, Absolut Vodka, Famous Grouse, Kopparberg, Canti, Malibu, which are literally the ones I can remember off the top of my head. There were loads.
If you're looking for a gift with a little more bling, head to Warren James (link) as they're going bust or something but their price slashes are mouth-watering. Try not to buy everything. 
Edible gifts? Marks and Spencer (link) is a good place to go, surprisingly. Take a perusal down the chocolate isle for as much as 50% off. Or your could take a peek at their Christmas range, it's on 3 for 2 after all.. And if you can't make it to any of these stores, online shopping and free, or at least cheap, delivery will be your best friend. I've even included links for you, aren't I swell.

The point is, there's no need to spend a fortune this Christmas, or end up buying your loved ones a naff pair of socks, because you left all of your shopping to the last minute. There's loads more great deals and offers than this, and because of fall-out from Black Friday/Cyber Monday there's sales on in clothing stores such as BHS (link) where they literally sell everything. You can get hankies for your Granddad, Slippers for your nan, pyjamas for your Mum, a watch for your Dad, DVDs for your younger siblings/nieces/nephews/cousins, a hand-wash set as a present for the older cousin/sibling who has just moved into a new house. You could get a fancy box of shortbread for your neighbour, a fancy wine set for your boss. I could sit here all night and go on and on. 

It's the 2nd of December, I'm cutting it pretty close as it's nearly midnight, and I've nearly finished my Christmas shopping. Which is so bizarre considering I only started on Thursday. 
If you want my advice, well you may as well have a little bit more; write your list - keep it short though, your boss' cat won't hate you if they get left out - and get shopping.
Trust me. When you're enjoying a glass of mulled wine and scrolling through Netflix while everyone else is freaking out because it's the 20th already and they haven't even started and the shops are full of junk, and everything's so expensive, you'll be a very happy camper.

Wheyy, finished before midnight, get in!
I'll be back tomorrow with a regular beauty post, so stay tuned for that.
Thanks for reading, xo.


All offers mentioned are correct as of 2/12/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014