Pages

Saturday 31 January 2015

CURRENT FAVOURITES | JANUARY 2015

Saturday 31 January 2015
I don't know about you guys but I am so glad that January is over! Hell to the yeeaaahhhh!


(L-R)
Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel with Active Charcoal Facial Mask (link): I hauled this a couple of weeks ago and I really like what this face mask does for my skin. I suffer with clogged pores and oily, acne prone skin and this the charcoal in the mask has helped with clearing my pores and the tea tree and witch hazel has helped sooth my skin. Since I slid this into my skin care routine, my skin is the best it has been in a long time.
Rimmel Scandel Eyes Waterproof Eye Kohl in Nude (link): Again, I hauled this eyeliner recently and it works really well in brightening up my eyes and it stays pretty well on my waterline. It does smudge and wear away after a few hours so it's not completely waterproof but it is a lovely product that does what I want it to do.
Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Smoulder (link): Don't worry, there's swatches at the end of this section! I've been gravitating to the shade for the past couple of months and I can't seem to put it down. It's a plum shade with a hint of nude in it and I find that it wears really well and goes with more eye looks that I was expecting!
Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Savage (Boots doesn't sell SC anymore so I can't provide a link, sorry!): This is more of a teal shade but it shows up blue on camera no matter what settings I try. This shade is just beautiful, I don't know what it is about it that I love so much but it just compliments my skin tone so well and it's just gorgeous. I wore this shade for about two and a half weeks straight and I can't wait to take off my current nail polish and whack this baby back on. It's a matte nail polish but I put Seche Vite over the top for an intensely glossy finish and it's beautiful.
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (link): I grabbed this in TK Maxx for an absolute steal and I love that it helps my nail polish dry really fast and the glossy finish is exquisite. 
Seventeen Blusher in First Kiss (I've just found out that these have been discontinued!!): This is a pink/gold blush that I use as a 2in1 highlighter and blush. It's a little bit more pink that I would like but the gold aspect of this product gives me so much life.
MUA Bronzer in Shade 2 (link): I've been using this as a transition colour in my eye shadow looks lately and I'm really surprised with how much I've been obsessed with it. Its a warmed toned, medium brown shade that has worked really well with the warm toned looks that I've been wearing lately. 
MUA F2 Stippling Brush (link): I did a post about the MUA make up brushes and I love using this brush with the Seventeen blush that I mentioned above; they're a match made in heaven. The long bristles help sheer the product out so I get less of the pink that I'm not too fond of, and more of the gold sheen that I like so much. The bristles are wonderfully soft and wash clean really easily. In the photo the brush is dirty, because I actually use it, and I've washed it a few times and it's neither shed nor stained. The bristles always return to their original brilliant white state.

(L-R)
Nude, Smoulder, First Kiss, First Kiss blended, Shade 2
(L-R)
Savage, Savage + Seche Vite
Charcoal Facial Mask

Guess what? There's more.
I had a lot of trouble trying to put together my December Favourites so I'm going to include a quick summary at the end of this post. If you'd like more information or a more in-depth review of any of the products below, just let me know!

(L-R)
Sleek Sunset Palette (link), Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Naked Brown (link), Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Russian Roulette (link), Barry M Lipliner in Chocolate (link), Collection Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner in Dig It! (link)[Superdrug has more shades, link], Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer (I can't find these in stock on Boots or Superdrug, but I'll update if they it comes back in stock), W7 Brow Bar (This is available online but I haven't used any of the websites that sells these so I don't want to share a link with you if I don't trust it. I did by mine at Home Bargains so you can try there), The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream (link).

So the above picture is actually my December 2014 Favourites, but as I said if you want more information such as swatches or reviews on any of these products, please let me know.

It's February tomorrow. Can you believe it? I'm excited!
Thanks for reading, xo.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014