Pages

Saturday 7 February 2015

PRODUCTS I REGRET BUYING

Saturday 7 February 2015
I've never done a post like these but I was sorting through my makeup stash and there's a few products that I really can't stand. If you haven't already noticed I'm pretty real over here so I thought I'd share this with you, because while makeup is fun it's not always sunshine and rainbows.

(L-R)
Collection Sheer Loose Powder in Translucent (link): I really don't like this powder. It's one of the most coloured translucent powders that I've used, it's a really heavy powder and the flash back is ridiculous. Sometimes when I've worn this I've looked in the mirror and I can literally see caked up white powder all over my face. It's gross.
Seventeen Rock Hard Couture Nail Effects in Celestial Pearl (link): I thought this would be similar to the Barry M Textured Effect Nail Paints (link) but it's really not. The colour is beautiful but the formula is vile; it's uneven, lumpy, chunky and it looks like sparkly cottage cheese. I hate it.
No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder in Soft Damson: This is what happens when you let the sales lady tell you what to buy, you end up with a blush that is chalky, powdery and that does not work with your skin tone. 
Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Galaxy (link): I love the formula of the Apocalips but this shade is just gross. It's too cool toned for me personally and there's glitter in it which you can't really see once you've applied it but you can feel the chunks of glitter on the lips. And once the colour wears away, you're left with chunky, uneven glitter on the lips that you can definitely see and that just looks all kinds of nasty. 

NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Big Apple Red (I can't find these in stock? Hopefully they're discontinued!!): I love sheer wash of colour of this lip balm, and the consistency is really nice but there's some ingredient in this that my skin hates. I'm not sensitive to anything at all, not in food or in cosmetics but for some reason my skin hates this lip balm. I put it on my lips and within an hour my lips were sore and I'd developed a rash around my lips and I freaked out. When I swatched it on my wrist for this post, the skin wear I applied it started burning. It's never happened before and it's never happened with any other product which is so weird but I'm steering clear of this from now on.
Barry M Waterproof Gel Liner in White (link): This eyeliner is a joke. It's dry, chunky and basically unusable. I don't know if I got a dud but this is completely useless.
NYC Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in White (link): This liner is barely better than the previous mentioned product, it's so unbelievably dry. It drags and it tugs, and that's just the skin on my wrist. I tried this on my eyes once and it was a painful experience.

(L-R)
Sheer Loose Powder, Sheer Loose Powder blended, Soft Damson, Soft Damson blended.

(L-R)
Galaxy, White gel liner, Big Apple Red, White pencil liner.

Celestial Pearl
(The dark silver-ish shade is the reflection of my camera, the shade is predominantly white/pale silver).

I've provided link in case you'd like to do more research on any of the products I've mentioned or try something in a different shade, for example the Apocalips which comes in other colours that are great. Is there anything here that you've used and loved?
Thanks for reading, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends! Pop a comment in the box below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

Makeup. Music. Mayhem. © 2014